The p.i.n.e. project’s mission is to build healthy communities deeply connected to the natural environment.
To achieve this we deliver programs focused on building relationships between self, others, and the environment. Using music, drama, storytelling, naturalist studies, stewardship, survival skills, outdoor adventures, intergenerational learning, games, and play we weave a “culture of nature connection”. This empowers our mantra: be more, need less.
Our vision is to create a culture and community that raises children who:
- Are loving, kind, and caring for life all around
- Are creative, adaptable, quick witted and strong in the face of adversity
- Show positivity in difficult situations, and learn from them all
- Cooperate and are helpful to others and nature
- Problem solve independently and with others
- Gain skills in arts and culture, song, drawing, acting and imagining
- Treat nature with care, and leave it healthier than they found it
- Seek out purpose in life, and cherish their own personal gifts
- Are kind, respectful of others
- Demonstrate sympathy and empathy toward other people, other life, and their community
- Are alive, active, healthy, and fit
- Vibrant, energetic, and highly aware
It is this generation of children who will have the tools required to face the significant problems of tomorrow.
The p.i.n.e. project has several core values, each helping to facilitate our mission:
- Life long learning